Putting Family First During Divorce Proceedings In Missouri
Divorce brings many challenges as well as opportunities. The trick to getting through it is to face your new situation honestly, with a clear eye to the future.
This can be hard to do when you’re hurting emotionally and financially. At Kelly, Symonds & Reed, LLC, we can help you resolve any family law matter related to your divorce or separation.
We will get you through the often difficult transition skillfully as you create a new structure for your family life.
What Decisions Do You Need To Make Now?
One of the challenges involved in divorce is having to make sound decisions that will affect your life for years to come, despite the emotional stress you are under right now.
Our attorneys can provide the focused guidance you need to address any issue effectively and quickly. This includes:
- Child custody matters — If minor children are involved, it will be important to establish custody and parenting plan rights and responsibilities.
- Property division — In Missouri, division of marital property is supposed to be “equitable,” which does not necessarily mean 50-50. We can protect your interests.
- Prenuptial agreement issues — If you signed a prenuptial agreement prior to marriage, we can help you enforce its terms or, if necessary, dispute its validity.
- Child support requests — In Missouri, child support is calculated using a relatively complex set of guidelines. Factors in the calculation include each parent’s income, any special needs of the children, the time each parent spends with the children, health insurance costs and other issues.
- Alimony or spousal maintenance requests — Alimony provides the lower-earning spouse with permanent or temporary financial support to maintain the standard of living that was acquired during the marriage.
- Guardianship issues — When caregivers besides parents are involved, it may be necessary to address issues involving guardianship or grandparents’ rights.
- Modifications and contempt of court — If you have a child support, child custody or alimony order that needs modification, we can help you petition the court. We also know how to enforce orders that are not being followed through contempt hearings.
Regardless of the precise issues in your case, we will help you assess the situation and choose the method of resolution that makes the most sense for achieving your goals.
Depending on the facts, this could mean using mediation or other alternative dispute resolution techniques. We are skilled in using that approach. But when aggressive litigation is required to move your case forward, our attorneys will be strong advocates for you in traditional litigation.
Is English not your first language? Habla español. Vea nuestra página de divorcio.
Compassion, Understanding And Guidance Are Just A Phone Call Away
The attorneys at Kelly, Symonds & Reed, LLC, understand that divorce often presents clients with challenging legal situations that require careful guidance and support. You can rest assured knowing that we will be with you every step of the way, showing you respect and compassion, while answering any questions you may have.
To schedule a free initial consultation during regular business hours or if your schedule is limited to the evenings, contact our office in Lee’s Summit and speak with one of our highly experienced divorce attorneys. Call 816-347-1818 or send us an email to get started.