People Come To Us During Difficult Times
And We Help Them Through It
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modifications/Contempt

Modifying Court Orders To Better Serve Families In Jackson County

Have circumstances changed since the court finalized the custodial and parenting time orders for your children? Are you earning substantially less or more than you were when the support orders were determined? Have your children’s medical needs changed? Has your job schedule changed and you need to modify your parenting time order?

Changes to divorce decrees and family court orders are generally requested because of a significant change in the circumstances surrounding the original court order. At Kelly, Symonds & Reed, LLC, our lawyers handle modifications for those seeking to make changes and for those seeking to contest proposed changes.

We handle cases involving changes to child support orders, alimony (spouse support/spousal maintenance), and child custody and parenting time plans.

Addressing Contempt Matters For People In All Walks Of Life

Our clients come from all walks of life — some are married, others have never been married, but have had children together. All need skilled legal guidance to address a modification issue or to have their court orders enforced.

Questions we consider when seeking modification of a family law order include:

  • Is your former spouse failing to live up to court-ordered obligations?
  • Was your ex ordered to hand over an asset, but he or she is not doing so?
  • Is your former partner failing to pay part of a co-pay for your child’s health insurance?
  • Is your former spouse unwilling to comply with parenting time terms determined by the court?

If your family court order is being violated, you have a right to ask the court to hold your former spouse or partner in contempt and to seek enforcement.

We handle matters involving orders of protection (ex parte and full) and changing family court orders.

Call For A Free Initial Consultation Today

If you need to request modification of a family law order or have questions about your situation, attorneys David A. Kelly and John A. Reed and associate attorney Tyler J. Jansen are here to help. Call 816-347-1818 or send us an email to arrange a free initial consultation at our office in Lee’s Summit. We offer appointments during regular business hours as well as in the evening as needed.