Helping You Achieve Your Family Law Goals
Kelly, Symonds & Reed, LLC, in Lee’s Summit offers experienced legal guidance in a variety of family law matters. Attorneys David A. Kelly, John A. Reed and Tyler J. Jansen are well-known for their tenacity both inside and outside the courtroom, but they are also well-known for the compassion and empathy they show their clients.
If you have a family law matter in Jackson County or a neighboring community in Missouri, you can rest assured that our legal team will always have your best interests in mind and will work tirelessly toward solutions that are best for you and your family.
Personalized Service Through Divorce And More
Whether you are upset about the divorce or just want the process to be over, our firm is here to help you. We will listen carefully to your needs and goals and assess your legal situation. We will educate you about your rights so you can make informed decisions based on realistic expectations.
We can help you manage a variety of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — both contested and uncontested
- Separations involving unmarried couples and parents
- Equitable distribution of marital assets (property division) — including homes, vehicles, real property, businesses, stocks, bonds, 401(k) plans and more
- Child custody matters — including the establishment and enforcement of custody orders and resolving paternity matters
- Establishment of guardianships — for children and vulnerable adults
- Cases of neglect and abuse involving Child Protective Services
- Spousal support (alimony) matters — including initial requests, petitions for modification and petitions for termination
- Child support orders — both establishment and enforcement of orders
- Modification requests — for custody arrangements, child support and alimony orders
- Contempt of court actions
- Orders of protection (restraining orders)
- Creation and enforcement of prenuptial agreements
While we are always prepared to take matters to court to seek a favorable resolution for our clients, we understand that when it comes to family law matters, this may not always be the most favorable option. That’s why we offer family mediation services to resolve any of the family law matters above.
Our clients often see the benefit in seeking mediation because it keeps them in control of a situation that they can easily feel is out of their hands.
Is English not your first language? Habla español. Vea nuestra página de divorcio.
Get Our Help And Guidance — Get A Free Initial Consultation Today
We know that you are entrusting our law firm with some of the most important legal concerns of your life. We will work tirelessly to help you effectively solve your legal problems and enter into the next chapter of your life looking forward, not back.
To learn how an experienced attorney from our firm can help you, please call our office in Lee’s Summit to schedule a free initial consultation. Call 816-347-1818 or contact us online to get started. Consultations are available during regular business hours. For those who cannot make it to our office during the workday, we can schedule evening appointments, if necessary.