Multi-agency effort leads to Mo. indictment on weapons charges

Possession of firearms or ammunition by a felon is illegal under federal law. A federal grand jury recently indicted a man from southwestern Missouri with a reported history of two prior felony convictions for allegedly possessing ammunition and firearms illegally. The indictment followed a joint effort by local and federal law enforcement agencies. 

A search of the Missouri man’s residence following the exercise of a search warrant allegedly revealed numerous firearms, including two Glock 9 mm pistols and one Glock 10 mm pistol. Additionally, authorities reportedly turned up numerous rounds of ammunition, along with an unregistered silencer and devices called selector switches that allow a semi-automatic weapon to fire in an automatic fashion.

It was apparently the selector switches that caused law enforcement to obtain the search warrant. Following the discovery of a package from China containing seven selector switches and addressed to the man’s residence, authorities arranged a controlled delivery of the parcel. The man reportedly admitted to successfully firing one of his Glocks as an automatic weapon following a conversion using one of his selector switches, of which he also allegedly admitted to receiving 10 to 15 past deliveries.

In addition to the weapons and ammunition, authorities allegedly discovered potentially stolen farm equipment, marijuana and a substance with the appearance of methamphetamine, firearm suppressors and a large amount of cash. This is reportedly the man’s second indictment for illegally possessing a firearm. His record includes prior convictions on charges of grand theft, criminal conspiracy, vandalism and burglary. 

Agencies involved in the arrest include the U.S. Postal Inspection Service; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; as well as the Homeland Security Investigations division of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. People facing charges of firearms offenses or other felonies may wish to contact an attorney.


FindLaw Network