Kelly, Symonds & Reed, LLC

Free Initial Consultation

We Try Cases And We Win Them

We try cases and we win them

December 2017 Archives

Implied consent in Missouri

As a driver, you have a number of rights that you may invoke when a police officer stops you. If an officer suspects that you are intoxicated, he or she may arrest you and ask you to participate in a chemical test to determine the drugs affecting you or the amount alcohol in your bloodstream. In this case, you have the right to refuse participation in the test, but this right is relatively limited.

How to help your college student be a better driver

As a parent of a college student, one of the most challenging moments is letting your student be on their own. Away from home, they are free to make their own choices—both good and not-so-good. Some of the most critical choices your student can make involve driving. Talking to your student about these choices will help your student be a better—and safer—driver.

Can a man really get alimony?

You can imagine the scenario: The wife has a promising career position with a great company. With her last promotion, she’s now bringing home over six figures. However, it’s been a different situation with the husband’s career. His industry has been stagnant for a decade and it’s been survival over advancement. After the second child, the decision was easy. He would stay home with the kids. But what happens when the family is divided by divorce?

Do you know what drug paraphernalia includes?

While drug charges are among the most common charges issued in the country, many people do not realize the variety of drug charges they may face. Often, a police officer may strengthen the charges against a person by adding on additional related charges, creating several different criminal charges out of the same interaction with a defendant.

Can I fight a drunk driving charge if I'm over the limit?

Regardless of how they find themselves in such a situation, many, many people want to know if it is really possible to fight drunk driving charges if an officer determines that they were legally over the limit when the charges were issued. The short answer is yes, but of course it's more complicated than a simple "yes" or "no."

FindLaw Network